Alan Weiss’s Third Annual Million Dollar Consulting® Convention
- How to leap from strictly technical consulting to also embrace business consulting
- Strategic charitable work to drive your brand to new heights
- Maximizing impact: how to look, feel, and behave like an expert
- The secrets of consulting on large scale, strategic contracts
- Social media strategies for wholesale and retail business
- Daily networking opportunities
- Networking cocktail reception
- Networking lunches provided
April 26-28, 2017
Venue: Chicago, IL
Wednesday, April 26
Alan Weiss – The Million Dollar Mindset
How I went from the streets to the heights
Victoria Labalme – The Throughline
The unexpected path to creating your life’s best work
|3:30||Concurrent Sessions (As Above)|
|6:00||Complimentary Cocktail Reception|
Thursday, April 27
Bruce Turkel – Profit By Defining Your Message
Focusing your entrepreneurial energy
|10:30||Concurrent Sessions(As Above)|
|1:30||Concurrent Sessions(As Above)|
Marshall Goldsmith – Triggers
Becoming the person you want to be
Friday, April 28
|9:00||Breakfast with the Stars – Enjoy a light breakfast in small groups with some of the stars of our Atlanta Session in 2015 and this year’s session.|
|10:30||10:45 General Session:
Alan Weiss – Asked and Answered
Questions on success and prediction of the future
Beyond Thought Leadership
Opening Keynote: Alan Weiss
AlanWeiss.com / Summit Consulting Group
How do you become an icon? What does it take to be the “go to” person, the standard of expertise, the one to whom others are compared? In his signature, rapid-fire, highly entertaining tradition, Alan will share how you can access the express lane to acclaim. In 60 minutes, you’ll gain 60 months of growth.
Concurrent Session Experts
Giving Back is Good Business – How to Lead with Philanthropy
Giving back can be a differentiator. In today’s world, people care that you care about something. While boosting your brand, your strategic charitable giving drives life changing impact for causes you love. Greater still, when you engage your family and employees as leaders in your giving strategy, you enhance life-long family learning and solidify employee loyalty. Plus, you’ll feel great too.
Learn how Kathy successfully used a donor-advised fund for the last ten years with her seven nieces and nephew starting when they were 6 years to 19 years old. Placing them as the Board of Advisors of The Kingston Fund, she mentored them on life skills like decision making, financial literacy, leadership, negotiation and collaboration. Regardless of your net worth, discover how you can easily establish and use your own donor-advised fund to benefit from this low maintenance, tremendously flexible charity vehicle.
In this interactive session, you will learn how to:
- Stand out as a thought leader by giving back
- Set up your own donor-advised fund anywhere in the world
- Decide what causes you will fund
- Lead with philanthropy to enhance your unique brand
- Leverage charitable giving to positively impact your family and employees
- Learn other meaningful ways that you can give back
Maximizing Your Impact: How to Look, Feel and Live Like a Leade
You want your business to run well, generate a great income and help you create the lifestyle you want most.
But, if you’re feeling overwhelmed, exhausted, overweight, unfit and unhappy, it’s hard to be as productive as you want to be.
If you lack the energy needed get your message across, you won’t promote your work effectively and may lack the confidence to powerfully impact those you’re trying to reach.
And, if you’re dealing with toxic relationships, chronic stress and limiting beliefs, it’s nearly impossible to create the lifestyle you want.
Busy professionals need simple strategies that work. They need to exchange old, dysfunctional behaviors for ones that will bring quick and lasting results.
This talk helps high achievers remove the blocks preventing them from becoming their physical, mental and emotional best.
- How to create a lean, fit and healthy body filled with energy and vitality
- How your stress creates aging, weight gain, illness and disease…and what to do about it
- How to rewire your belief system to remove limiting beliefs which have kept you safe, stuck and small
- How to determine if your relationships are creating health and wellness or illness and disease
- How to purposefully, powerfully and passionately lead your group, team or simply your own children
- How to powerfully, enthusiastically and authentically represent your business and brand
- How to create a life by design versus reacting to a life lived by default
The Agility Advantage in Consulting
by Amanda Setili
In the past, companies could pick a strategy and stick with it, maintaining a competitive edge for years—but today, companies surge ahead, fall behind, or even disappear from view in mere months. The future will present more opportunities, but narrower windows to capture them. The same is true of consulting approaches—we need to keep learning and adapting, or we become obsolete.
Amanda Setili, author of The Agility Advantage, How to Identify and Act On Opportunities in a Fast-Changing World, has worked with and studied dozens of companies to identify the mindsets, habits and capabilities that enable strategic agility®–the ability to spot and jump on new opportunities being created by market change. She has created a thriving consulting business to help companies move faster, smarter and leaner. Now she brings this same approach to helping consultants grow their business fast.
In this session, participants will learn:
- Five things you can do immediately to help your clients become faster and more agile.
- Three keys to winning high-impact, low-labor intensity projects with Fortune 500 companies.
- How to claim your space in the consulting arena and win against big name firms.
- How to build enduring relationships with buyers.
- The best advice I ever got from Alan, which took less than a minute to implement and dramatically changed my consulting practice and life
Top-ranking clients who have requested Setili’s help include Coca-Cola, Delta Air Lines, The Home Depot, Wal-Mart and Cardinal Health. Her work in over 15 industries has taken her throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australasia.
Before starting Setili & Associates, Amanda served as director of marketing for Global Food Exchange, consulted for McKinsey & Company (where she planted seeds that became the firm’s Kuala Lumpur office), served as chief operating officer of Malaysia’s leading Internet services company, and developed products and optimized manufacturing operations for Kimberly-Clark.
Setili is author of The Agility Advantage, How to Identify and Act On Opportunities in a Fast-Changing World, published in 2014 by Jossey-Bass, an imprint of Wiley.
She founded the Strategic Agility® Think Tank, whose participants include executives from AT&T, Best Buy, Bosch, Cbeyond, Cisco, Coca-Cola, Cox Enterprises, Delta Air Lines, Equifax, Fiserv, Georgia-Pacific, Hilton, The Home Depot, Intuit, J.M. Huber, MeadWestvaco, Time Warner and UPS.
Setili is a member of the Million Dollar Consulting Hall of Fame, has been quoted in Inc., Forbes, Huffington post and other outlets, and served as an adjunct professor at Emory’s Goizueta Business School. She earned her degree in chemical engineering from Vanderbilt, and her MBA, with distinction, from the Harvard Business School.
How I leaped from technical consulting to business consulting, and how you can too
Do you have deep technical expertise and want to adopt value-based fees and establish a thriving, low-labor business working with executive buyers? This session shows you how. Culled from my own experience in doing just that, I share the lessons learned along the way to building my flourishing consulting practice.
In this interactive and participatory session you will learn Shlomo’s Three Keys to Behavioral Change and how to apply them to grow your practice. A crash course in “Relationships 101” will supercharge your proposal acceptance rate and accelerate your success in the consulting business, which Alan calls “the relationship business.” You will discover how to press the advantages of your technical background when building conceptual agreement, and how to construct implementation options to deliver fantastic value while staying out of the trenches. Perception dictates reality, so you will learn how to be your executive buyer’s peer by relinquishing technical jargon and adopting powerful business language. And by discovering the one core attitude that underlies consulting success you will catapult your practice away from the myriads of other technical experts, on a trajectory toward success in business consulting.
- The three keys to behavior change:
- Retire (poor behavior)
- Reframe (poor attitudes)
- Reinforce (new ones)
- How to apply these three keys to develop your practice
- Case studies from my own experience
- Audience-suggested situations
- Marketing: This is a relationship business: Relationships 101 for former “techies”
- Getting to conceptual agreement
- Pressing the advantages of your technical expertise
- Avoiding the pitfalls of your technical expertise
- Options and Implementation: Delivering value while staying out of the trenches
- Relinquishing technical language and adopting powerful business language
- The one core underlying attitude that makes or breaks your success
Gain and Access
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN AND ACCESS:
- Choose those topics most relevant for your current needs-attend SIX concurrent sessions and THREE general sessions, plus facilitated roundtables-high content offerings.
- Interact formally and informally with leaders in their fields.
- Gain contacts and peer relationships.
- Move your business rapidly to the next level, whether new or veteran.
- Obtain pragmatic skills you can use immediately (in my workshops people often leave to call their office to rewrite proposals or change marketing investments).
- Attend with staff members if you wish, create a “common language” in your business (at reduced rates).
- Employ new philosophies about money, wealth, investing, and development.
- Create more clients, more repeat business, and more referrals.
Scenes from the Los Angeles Convention
If you are new to being an independent consultant, I can safely say that the Million Dollar Consulting Conference will shave three to four years off your learning curve. If you are a veteran independent consultant of ten years or more, I can safely say that the Million Dollar Consulting Conference will fuel you with valuable reminders on key fundamentals explained with great detail and extremely useful nuances as well as powerful insights into growing your business successfully. In January 1998 I was a full-time high school math teacher. In February 1998 I was a full-time independent management consultant. I had zero business background and had no idea where to start. Just desire and passion.
I left the academic world and jumped full-time into working by myself. I worked with Alan Weiss in his mentor program consecutively from August 1999 to December 2007. I just signed up over and over again for Alan to be my mentor. In addition I attended every course Alan offered and read every book he wrote. My business grew and grew. I was in the original Million Dollar Consulting Hall of Fame class in 2007. From 2008 – 2014 I maniacally focused on two things: helping to raise my two children as well as I could at home AND applying what I had learned from Alan as well as I could in my business.
In 2015 I decided I wanted a quick refresher course on the Alan Weiss principles. I attended the 2015 Million Dollar Consulting Conference with a beginner’s mindset. I attended 9 sessions presented by eight different excellent presenters over three days and took notes continuously for the twelve hours I was in those sessions. It was an amazing learning experience. I’m in my 18th year of working on my own, and I feel totally refreshed, repurposed, and reenergized as an independent consultant after attending that conference. I cannot recommend enough that you attend the Million Dollar Consulting Conference in the future. Whether you are a beginner or a veteran I believe you will walk away from this remarkably reasonably-priced event with exceptionally practical, relevant, and user-friendly ideas that you can apply right away.
The Coughlin Company, Inc.
“Before I attended Alan Weiss’s Million Dollar Consulting® Convention, I knew of Alan by his reputation and his published work. I understood that he would open and close the conference and I was happy with that, but my concern was whether the quality of his speakers would be worth my money, time and effort. In the end I decided that a chance to rub shoulders with Weiss and listen to a keynote by Martin Seligman would be beneficial to my business. I rationalized that in addition to Weiss and Seligman, if I could glean one nugget of wisdom from the concurrent sessions that would justify the expense.
I’m back in my office and looking at pages and pages of notes and handouts from my three days in Atlanta and I see that I underestimated. I profoundly underestimated.
As expected, Weiss was terrific and Seligman was entertaining and informative. My expectations were blown away in the breakout sessions where Weiss’s speakers successfully reframed critical elements of my business. And that’s before I figured in the impromptu conversations with notable consultants, the ability to listen in on great question/answer sessions and the friendships I formed.
I’m chalking it up to ‘you don’t know what you don’t know.’
“Due to familiarity, I don’t expect my result from the next conference to be as extraordinary as this was, but I’m learning that I shouldn’t underestimate the honorable Alan Weiss.”
Chambers Pivot Industries
Register & Fees
There is nothing else available like this for individuals and boutique firms. It’s an ideal experience for:
- Professional speakers
- Small firm owners
- Anyone seeking to enter professional services as a career
- Service providers to these professions
Date & Location
April 26-28, 2017
April, 2016: $895
May 1 – July 31, 2016: $1,095.
August 1 – October 31, 2016: $1,295
November 1, 2016 – January 31, 2017: $1,495
February 1, 2017 and thereafter: $1,696.
Refund Policy: We do not provide refunds for any reason except if we cancel a workshop. We do provide 100% credit if you have to cancel up to and including 8 days prior, with one year to use that credit in any workshop of your choice. If you cancel 7 days or less prior to a workshop, your fee is lost and there is no credit. This includes charges on Alan Cards and Bentley Cards. This is due to obligations and penalties we incur from the various venues.
Want to be a sponsor?
$2,500 Gold Sponsor: You may provide handouts for the participants, have your name and an ad in the program, and have a banner hung, inclusion in the cocktail reception
$5,000 Platinum Sponsor: In addition, you may have a booth in a high traffic area, be mentioned from the stage each day, and an emblem on the podium, inclusion in all meals.
$7,500 Diamond Sponsor: In addition, I will introduce your services glowingly and provide you with up to five minutes to address the full convention, inclusion in any and all sessions you wish to attend.