The Master Class Workshop
June 25-27, 2019
This is a new and unique offering for graduates of the Million Dollar Consulting® College, Thought Leadership, By Invitation Only, and other major events I’ve hosted. It is limited to 12 participants and is held in Newport, RI on June 25-27, 2019. The content will be all new and different from previous versions. Consider it the PhD program in your business and life.
- Provide my latest thinking for you on business and personal growth.
- Interact with highly successful colleagues for mutual learning.
- Explore and experiment with your own ideas and new IP.
- Emerge with ideas, tools, and support for accelerated growth.
- Learn and apply what’s required to be an icon in your profession and/or marketplace.
The setting: We’ll be at the venue where most colleges have been run, but “in season” with beach houses available on the water.
The participants: Participation is limited to 12 people whom I approve as ready for the challenge and can contribute to their peers.
- Creating virtual and real evangelism.
- Exploiting the rarefied air above and beyond thought leadership.
- Creating predictions for your target audience.
- Creating provocation in the “public forum.”
- Exploiting the three aspects of any new sale.
- Creating an alluring presence.
- Combining personal goals with professional goals.
- Media role plays.
- Using contemporary examples to create attention.
- Creating and bestowing expert “awards.”
- Letting go so you can reach out.
- Building your base of stories, metaphors, and “scripts.”
- Maximizing your growth.
The timing: Two and a half days.
The investment: $17,500. Lodging and most meals are included. Rolls, Alan, Bentley, Buddy, and Unicorn Cards are welcome. Growth Cycle discounts are honored. First come, first served, full payment required for registration. (If you do not attend for any reason, I will provide a full credit if you cancel 60 days or more prior; 50% 21-59 days prior; but no credits at all within three weeks.)
This was an extraordinary event–hard to describe or put into words or compare to other events–but after a few memorable days of dining and learning, I wanted to share a few thoughts.
- This truly was THE Master Class. Of the 11 of us there, I think most would be willing to attend again. If he’ll only take 12, I’d suggest putting your name down!
- There was IP presented that you’ve never heard before and may not hear for a long time. Alan delivered on this, and it set the stage for us to think about our own IP.
- Some attendees were forced right outside of their comfort zones by being asked to deliver impromptu sessions or engage in on-the-spot role plays (while the rest of us sweat!) but they delivered with passion and gusto allowing us all to learn from them.
- We dove deep into tactics but went to higher levels when the discussion needed us to go there.
- We drank and dined so incredibly well. We got to know each other a bit more, and we shared cigars while marveling at how good we’ve all got it.
- One attendee shared how ten years ago, while attending the Consulting College he stayed at the less expensive hotel down the highway, but now he had made it. How far we’ve all come and how far can we all go?
As I came home last night, I tried to consider what I’d heard, and what I’d learned. More specifically, what I’d learned over the past 5-6 years being in this community and some of the comments I’d heard over the past couple of days, so I decided to develop a process visual which you can see below. I shared this with Alan and the group today as he asked me to share a little about my experience.
We’re all incredibly blessed to be in the 1% and part of this community. Regardless of what anyone says, and how often you’ve heard this before–there is no other place on the planet where people like this are getting together to do this sort of thing.
Success means different things to different people. If you’re not where you’d like to be, stay the course, but know you’re in the right place.
Looking forward to the next Master Class.
Fleming Consulting & Co.
Kingsville, ON, CA
The experience has been incredible, and we’ve never had to work so hard at an Alan event. Not in terms of labor, but in thoughts. He got us to think at incredibly high levels.
Alan raised the bar with the IP he created for us, and he similarly raised the bar for us.
If you ever have a chance to attend a Master Class, do it!
Puri Consulting LLC
My top three takeaways were these:
- At this level, we need to be prescriptive in marketing.
- A powerful brand dramatically reduces the work intensity of marketing.
- How easy it is to create IP given the discipline to set aside the time and create the conditions.
West Hempstead, NY
This Master Class was a powerful event with a great group!
I’ve got a new six figure offering and ways to create Express Branding to differentiate me, leverage my hobbies and passions, increase awareness, and grow my business. Not bad for a few days’ work amidst great views, meals, conversations, and friends.
Symco & Co.
Regina, SK, CA
I learned so much on two different levels. I learned ways to move my business to the next level, I realized how small I’ve been thinking and that it’s really important to make time to think and stretch your thinking. I also learned from how you you lead. There are many things you did for us that I can take away and recreate for my own clients. Thank you for a great week at an incredible venue!
The Lisa Larter Group
Annapolis Royal, NS, CA
The Master Does the Master Class
Practicing what he preaches, Alan provided 2.5 days and evenings of value. Not just new content and great dining experiences, but more significantly, new ways of looking at things. He even stunned us all with what may appear to be a contrarian view to his famous OMV discussion with clients.
The comprehensiveness and diversity of topics, discussions, debates, and disclosure let us look at our own worlds through a new and different lens.
Is it typical of Alan’s style? It is. Is it Alan’s typical content with a new title? Not even close.
Cedar Rapids, IA
Here are my thoughts and takeaways:
- The Master Class worked us hard. I was particularly struck on Friday morning when a new exercise left us all dumbfounded, with no answers.
- The role plays were extensive, sudden and provided excellent learning points on delivery, reframing and communication style
- We need to be outrageous but not ridiculous and there is a fine line
- Being prescriptive in the sales process helps us to get to true value faster and more accurately
- We need to think bigger – like raising my fees 2.5X bigger
Engage Selling Solutions, Inc
Ottawa, ON, CA